Jump to Navigation

Private Legislation

An alien who is subject to a removal order may seek assistance from a member of the U.S. House of Representatives or the Senate in the form of a private bill authorizing him or her to remain in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident.

Therefore and in the event when strong equities exist and other relief is not possible, it may be feasible to obtain relief through private congressional legislation.

Any member of Congress can introduce private legislation but it is generally used as a last resort because only a small percentage of bills are actually passed.

DHS does not give an automatic stay unless a member of the Senate has submitted the bill or a congressional subcommittee asks DHS for report. Congress has stringent criteria usually requiring extreme hardship, and is generally unwilling to assist in drug cases.

Contact Our Firm

To schedule an appointment with Los Angeles visa attorney Artem M. Sarian, contact Sarian Law Group, APLC. We have offices in Glendale and Los Angeles, California, to serve you.

Schedule A Consultation

office locations

Sarian Law Group, APLC
700 N. Brand Boulevard, Suite 530
Glendale, CA 91203

Phone: 818-545-9555
Toll Free: 1-888-545-9515
Fax: 818-545-9511
Glendale Law Office Map

Office Map Location

Los Angeles Office
300 North Los Angeles Street, #531372
Los Angeles, CA 90053
Map and Directions

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1332
Glendale, CA 91209-1332

We Speak Armenian